Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Blog 13: Practice Quoting

Before I start jumping into my Quick Reference Guide, I need to learn how to quote effectively since quotes not only capture the original intent of the author, but some quotes are written with such finesse and accuracy that they basically speak for themselves sometimes with the help of introductory phrases and analyses. I scroll through each of my sources in search two quotes, but they can't be any quotes. They have to be "the quotes". I finally found two sufficient quotes that meet the criteria and set to work. Here is the product:


Different colors were used to denominate different aspects of the paragraph:

  • Yellow denotes the signal phrases.
  • Pink denotes my establishment of these people's authority in the field
  • Green denotes the contextualization
  • Blue denotes any steps taken to modify the original quotes

This skill will prove to be beneficial as the Reference Guide Assignment draws near.

No comments:

Post a Comment